Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hey there- we're still here!











Sooo...
I realize that I have dropped the ball on posting lately. I can't say that I've been too busy. Actually, it was a really lovely break. I was able to sit for a few days and do nothing- and I mean nothing. However, in my defense, our internet access was out- who knows why. There were at least 8 days that we were without access, so no posting possible. I have needed to post about Christmas, so here is that one first.

We were asked to spend Christmas Eve with some friends of ours- Skott and Angela, at his parents' house. They are awesome people. Chris was working, so it was just me and the kids there. (There's a picture of me and Angela).

Since Chris wasn't going to get home until after 9 am, we told the boys that they could wake up whenever they wanted to, but that they could only open one present each until Daddy got home. This was almost torture for them- but I wasn't going to let Chris miss out on all of the opening. Once Dad got home, we started in. We open presents one person at a time, so sometimes it takes a little while to get through it all. This year we opted not to give a lot of toys, since our kids don't really need more toys.

The biggest hits were the Spiderman singlet (Chase), battle bots (all the boys), video game rocker chair (Gavin), and the pull-up bar (Mason). I have video of the boys (not able to post that yet) on the pull-up bar. It's pretty darn impressive- as I can't even do one- sad I know.

At the end of the evening we played some poker. I bought a poker set for Chris, complete with chips. Xavier and Chris were on a team together, and ended up with the pot. Chris thinks he's funny and has nicknamed himself "Chips McGee".

All in all, it was a fabulous Christmas, and we are so fortunate to have so many blessings!

No comments: